Day 3/2 – Assurance of Salvation

Love  – 1 John 3:18 (ESV)  “Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.”   1 John 3:18

“Are you foolish if you live as though Christ will return at any moment and live all your life with Christ not returning?  What should you do today if you believe in His imminent return that you wouldn’t do if you thought His return would not happen in your life?  Jesus said, ‘We must work the works of Him who sent Me, while it is day; night comes, when no one can work.’  The  night of life comes all too quickly for everyone.”  Walter A. Henrichsen (“Walt H”)

——://///

+++

This email contains, sequentially: Memory Verse (above), Daily Devotion from “Thoughts From The Diary of A Desperate Man” by Walter A. Henrichsen (“Walt”), Scripture Reading  (read the entire Bible in 1 year), and Prayer Requests.

+++

———/://///

Assurance of Salvation

Day Sixty-one

“For our gospel came unto you…in much assurance.” 1 Thessalonians 1:5

You must maintain a clear distinction between the assurance and the fact of salvation.  A man may be full of assurance that he knows Jesus and be lost. Jesus said, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name…And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”101   Conversely, a man may doubt his salvation, due to a lack of clear biblical teaching, and in fact be saved.

We call it assurance of salvation because none can know they are saved. Assurance is the product of a healthy relationship.  If I tell you that I am not sure

if my wife loves me, you correctly conclude that there is something terribly wrong in my marriage.  But assurance is different from knowing.  You cannot know because you walk by faith; faith and knowing are mutually exclusive.

You can have legitimate, biblical reason for concluding that you are saved, and thus have no doubt, but doubt is different from uncertainty.  Say we are flying across the ocean and you sleep soundly, for you have no doubt that the plane will arrive safely.  I am filled with anxiety, for I do doubt.  My doubt and your lack of doubt have nothing to do with the safety of the plane.  You can say to me that

you have no doubt that we are safe, but that is different from saying you know for a certainty that the plane will land safely.  Certainty is possible only after the fact.

God will not relate to a willful person.  He did not die for you so that you can return to the Garden of Eden and eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil with impunity.  If you are living in willful disobedience to God, you forfeit your right to be assured of your salvation.  Your soul is in peril, and the best thing you can do is repent and seek God’s forgiveness.

101 Matthew 7:22-23

———/://///

Numbers 23-25 Mark 7:14-37 (New King James Version)

Numbers 23-25

The Prophecies of Balaam

23 Then Balaam said to Balak, “Build seven altars for me here, and prepare for me here seven bulls and seven rams.”

And Balak did just as Balaam had spoken, and Balak and Balaam offered a bull and a ram on eachaltar. Then Balaam said to Balak, “Stand by your burnt offering, and I will go; perhaps the Lord will come to meet me, and whatever He shows me I will tell you.” So he went to a desolate height. And God met Balaam, and he said to Him, “I have prepared the seven altars, and I have offered on eachaltar a bull and a ram.”

Then the Lord put a word in Balaam’s mouth, and said, “Return to Balak, and thus you shall speak.” So he returned to him, and there he was, standing by his burnt offering, he and all the princes of Moab.

And he took up his [a]oracle and said:

“Balak the king of Moab has brought me from Aram,

From the mountains of the east.

‘Come, curse Jacob for me,

And come, denounce Israel!’

“How shall I curse whom God has not cursed?

And how shall I denounce whomthe Lord has not denounced?

For from the top of the rocks I see him,

And from the hills I behold him;

There! A people dwelling alone,

Not reckoning itself among the nations.

“Who can count the [b]dust of Jacob,

Or number one-fourth of Israel?

Let me die the death of the righteous,

And let my end be like his!”

11 Then Balak said to Balaam, “What have you done to me? I took you to curse my enemies, and look, you have blessed thembountifully!”

12 So he answered and said, “Must I not take heed to speak what the Lord has put in my mouth?”

Balaam’s Second Prophecy

13 Then Balak said to him, “Please come with me to another place from which you may see them; you shall see only the outer part of them, and shall not see them all; curse them for me from there.” 14 So he brought him to the field of Zophim, to the top of Pisgah, and built seven altars, and offered a bull and a ram on eachaltar.

15 And he said to Balak, “Stand here by your burnt offering while I [c]meet the Lordover there.”

16 Then the Lord met Balaam, and put a word in his mouth, and said, “Go back to Balak, and thus you shall speak.” 17 So he came to him, and there he was, standing by his burnt offering, and the princes of Moab were with him. And Balak said to him, “What has the Lord spoken?”

18 Then he took up his oracle and said:

“Rise up, Balak, and hear!

Listen to me, son of Zippor!

“God isnot a man, that He should lie,

Nor a son of man, that He should repent.

Has He said, and will He not do?

Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Behold, I have received a commandto bless;

He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.

“He has not observed iniquity in Jacob,

Nor has He seen [d]wickedness in Israel.

The Lord his God iswith him,

And the shout of a King isamong them.

God brings them out of Egypt;

He has strength like a wild ox.

“For there isno [e]sorcery against Jacob,

Nor any [f]divination against Israel.

It now must be said of Jacob

And of Israel, ‘Oh, what God has done!’

Look, a people rises like a lioness,

And lifts itself up like a lion;

It shall not lie down until it devours the prey,

And drinks the blood of the slain.”

25 Then Balak said to Balaam, “Neither curse them at all, nor bless them at all!”

26 So Balaam answered and said to Balak, “Did I not tell you, saying, ‘All that the Lord speaks, that I must do’?”

Balaam’s Third Prophecy

27 Then Balak said to Balaam, “Please come, I will take you to another place; perhaps it will please God that you may curse them for me from there.” 28 So Balak took Balaam to the top of Peor, that overlooks the [g]wasteland. 29 Then Balaam said to Balak, “Build for me here seven altars, and prepare for me here seven bulls and seven rams.” 30 And Balak did as Balaam had said, and offered a bull and a ram on everyaltar.

Balaam Foretells the Happiness of Israel

24 Now when Balaam saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel, he did not go as at other times, to seek to use [h]sorcery, but he set his face toward the wilderness. And Balaam raised his eyes, and saw Israel encamped according to their tribes; and the Spirit of God came upon him.

Then he took up his oracle and said:

“The utterance of Balaam the son of Beor,

The utterance of the man whose eyes are opened,

The utterance of him who hears the words of God,

Who sees the vision of the Almighty,

Who falls down, with eyes wide open:

“How lovely are your tents, O Jacob!

Your dwellings, O Israel!

Like valleys that stretch out,

Like gardens by the riverside,

Like aloes planted by the Lord,

Like cedars beside the waters.

He shall pour water from his buckets,

And his seed shall bein many waters.

“His king shall be higher than Agag,

And his kingdom shall be exalted.

“God brings him out of Egypt;

He has strength like a wild ox;

He shall consume the nations, his enemies;

He shall break their bones

And pierce themwith his arrows.

‘He bows down, he lies down as a lion;

And as a lion, who shall rouse him?’

“Blessed ishe who blesses you,

And cursed ishe who curses you.”

10 Then Balak’s anger was aroused against Balaam, and he struck his hands together; and Balak said to Balaam, “I called you to curse my enemies, and look, you have bountifully blessed themthese three times! 11 Now therefore, flee to your place. I said I would greatly honor you, but in fact, the Lord has kept you back from honor.”

12 So Balaam said to Balak, “Did I not also speak to your messengers whom you sent to me, saying, 13 ‘If Balak were to give me his house full of silver and gold, I could not go beyond the word of the Lord, to do good or bad of my own will. What the Lord says, that I must speak’? 14 And now, indeed, I am going to my people. Come, I will advise you what this people will do to your people in the latter days.”

Balaam’s Fourth Prophecy

15 So he took up his oracle and said:

“The utterance of Balaam the son of Beor,

And the utterance of the man whose eyes are opened;

The utterance of him who hears the words of God,

And has the knowledge of the Most High,

Whosees the vision of the Almighty,

Whofalls down, with eyes wide open:

“I see Him, but not now;

I behold Him, but not near;

A Star shall come out of Jacob;

A Scepter shall rise out of Israel,

And [i]batter the brow of Moab,

And destroy all the sons of [j]tumult.

“And Edom shall be a possession;

Seir also, his enemies, shall be a possession,

While Israel does [k]valiantly.

Out of Jacob One [l]shall have dominion,

And destroy the remains of the city.”

20 Then he looked on Amalek, and he took up his oracle and said:

“Amalek wasfirst among the nations,

But shall belast until he perishes.”

21 Then he looked on the Kenites, and he took up his oracle and said:

“Firm is your dwelling place,

And your nest is set in the rock;

Nevertheless Kain shall be burned.

How long until Asshur carries you away captive?”

23 Then he took up his oracle and said:

“Alas! Who shall live when God does this?

But ships shall comefrom the coasts of Cyprus,[m]

And they shall afflict Asshur and afflict Eber,

And so shall [n]Amalek, until he perishes.”

25 So Balaam rose and departed and returned to his place; Balak also went his way.

Israel’s Harlotry in Moab

25 Now Israel remained in Acacia Grove,[o] and the people began to commit harlotry with the women of Moab. They invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people ate and bowed down to their gods. So Israel was joined to Baal of Peor, and the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel.

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Take all the leaders of the people and hang the offenders before the Lord, out in the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may turn away from Israel.”

So Moses said to the judges of Israel, “Every one of you kill his men who were joined to Baal of Peor.”

And indeed, one of the children of Israel came and presented to his brethren a Midianite woman in the sight of Moses and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who wereweeping at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. Now when Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it,he rose from among the congregation and took a javelin in his hand; and he went after the man of Israel into the tent and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her body. So the plague was stopped among the children of Israel. And those who died in the plague were twenty-four thousand.

10 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 11 “Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned back My wrath from the children of Israel, because he was zealous with My zeal among them, so that I did not consume the children of Israel in My zeal. 12 Therefore say, ‘Behold, I give to him My covenant of peace; 13 and it shall be to him and his descendants after him a covenant of an everlasting priesthood, because he was zealous for his God, and made [p]atonement for the children of Israel.’ ”

14 Now the name of the Israelite who was killed, who was killed with the Midianite woman, wasZimri the son of Salu, a leader of a father’s house among the Simeonites. 15 And the name of the Midianite woman who was killed wasCozbi the daughter of Zur; he washead of the people of a father’s house in Midian.

16 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 17 “Harass the Midianites, and [q]attack them; 18 for they harassed you with their schemes[r] by which they seduced you in the matter of Peor and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of a leader of Midian, their sister, who was killed in the day of the plague because of Peor.”

Footnotes:

• Numbers 24:24 Lit. heor that one
  • Numbers 25:1 Heb. Shittim
  • Numbers 25:13 Lit. covering
  • Numbers 25:17 be hostile toward
  • Numbers 25:18 tricks

Mark 7:14-37

14 When He had called all the multitude to Himself,He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand: 15 There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. 16 If[a] anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!”

17 When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable. 18 So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, [b]thuspurifying all foods?” 20 And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

A Gentile Shows Her Faith

24 From there He arose and went to the region of Tyre [c]and Sidon. And He entered a house and wanted no one to know it,but He could not be hidden. 25 For a woman whose young daughter had an unclean spirit heard about Him, and she came and fell at His feet. 26 The woman was a [d]Greek, a [e]Syro-Phoenician by birth, and she kept [f]asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter. 27 But Jesus said to her, “Let the children be filled first, for it is not good to take the children’s bread and throw itto the little dogs.”

28 And she answered and said to Him, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs under the table eat from the children’s crumbs.”

29 Then He said to her, “For this saying go your way; the demon has gone out of your daughter.”

30 And when she had come to her house, she found the demon gone out, and her daughter lying on the bed.

Jesus Heals a Deaf-Mute

31 Again, departing from the region of Tyre and Sidon, He came through the midst of the region of Decapolis to the Sea of Galilee. 32 Then they brought to Him one who was deaf and had an impediment in his speech, and they begged Him to put His hand on him. 33 And He took him aside from the multitude, and put His fingers in his ears, and He spat and touched his tongue. 34 Then, looking up to heaven, He sighed, and said to him, “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

35 Immediately his ears were opened, and the [g]impediment of his tongue was loosed, and he spoke plainly. 36 Then He commanded them that they should tell no one; but the more He commanded them, the more widely they proclaimed it.37 And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, “He has done all things well. He makes both the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.”

Footnotes:

• Mark 7:16 NU omits v. 16.
  • Mark 7:19 NU sets off the final phrase as Mark’s comment that Jesus has declared all foods clean.
  • Mark 7:24 NU omits and Sidon
  • Mark 7:26 Gentile
  • Mark 7:26 A Syrian of Phoenicia
  • Mark 7:26 begging
  • Mark 7:35 Lit. bond

———/://///

“You cannot know until after you believe and speak; that is the order: believe, speak, know.” Walt

PRAYER REQUESTS

Praise Report: Sister Courtney surgery on the basil cell carcinoma close to one of her eyes was a success and was reported to be one of the smallest that the doctor ever saw. We also Praise God for the success of the delivery of her new baby girl and her quick recovery of having all 4 of her wisdom teeth surgically removed. All this happened over the last three weeks… Praise God!

Please Pray for Brother David Frear family going through testing times.

Pray for Simon, Sister Sonia’s friend, needs heart and kidney transplant; and, above all needs to receive Jesus.

Brother John LaPorte asks for Prayer this week as he seeks God’s Will in His life.

Please Pray for Dave Ubank and his family. They are ministering and rescuing children and families in Syria directly affected by  Isis – Pray for their protection and their ministry.  For a short 2 minute video about Ubanks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_htIgIvgDM[/embedyt

Please Pray for Jim Nelson and family ministering in China.

Please continue to Pray for Sister Kathryn to be able to teach first grade next year and that through her teaching skills with God in her instill in these first graders the Love of Christ.

Pease continue to Pray for Brother Bob Summers that he have complete healing after his surgery for a blood clot in his brain.

Please continue to Pray for Sister Diana who is witnessing to young persons with confused doctrine.  Pray God would speak through her and provide His Holy Clarity directly this young person to Him.

Please continue to Pray for Jamie to accept the Lord into her life and the Peace only He can give her. Jamie recently lost her man that she had been with for over the 30 years to suicide.

Please continue to Pray for our nation that God would open all our eyes to the sin that is drowning us. Abortion, sex outside of marriage, hatred & divisiveness, greed, pride, only to name a few and only scratches the surface.  Please Pray and Fast for our nation to turn from this evil that is enveloping us.   II Chronicles‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

Please continue to Pray for our Brothers’ and Sisters’ struggling with various addictions. Pray that God would reveal Himself to them that all things are possible through Him… He can Cure any addiction … He is our Great Creator, He is our Savior, He is our Healer …He is our All and All!

Please continue to Pray for the healing of baby Caden (Kevin Odor’s grandson) – born with Agenesis of the corpus callosum (rare neurological birth defect).

Please continue to Pray for Sister Fabiola and her children in Mexico. And, please continue to Pray for her church caught up in the tragedies surrounding the murder of her husband, x-husband and one of her children.

Please continue to Pray for the Salvation of Hagen who is HIV positive and is deathly ill.

We continue to ask for Prayers and Gods Grace and Mercy for Baby Grace and her parents, Lisa and Darren.

Please continue to Pray for Alejandro Corral, his son Alejandro Jr., and his aunt Josefina.

Please continue to Pray for Brother Steve Venable dealing with ALS.

Please continue to Pray for our Persecuted Brothers and Sisters and their families that are suffering and giving their lives for our Faith.  10 WAYS TO PRAY FOR OUR PERSECUTED CHRISTIAN FAMILY.. Pray our brothers and sisters will:

1. Sense God’s presence (Heb. 13:5)

2. Know we are praying for them (2 Tim. 1:3)

3. Experience God’s comfort (2 Thess. 2:16–17)

4. See God open doors to evangelism (Col. 4:3)

5. Boldly share the gospel (Acts 4:29)

6. Mature in their faith (Col. 1:28–29)

7. Be granted wisdom in covert ministry work (Acts 9:23–25)

8. Remain joyful amid suffering (Acts 5:41)

9. Forgive and love their persecutors (Matt. 5:44)

10. Be rooted in God’s Word (2 Tim. 3:16–17)

+++

Stand with your Brothers and Sisters in Prayer and Support. (See: The Voice of the Martyrs: https://www.persecution.com)

Please continue Pray for our President & government leaders that they will would seek God and Walk in His Ways.

Please continue to pray for Biblical “headship” in families.

Please continue to Pray for all our children.

Please continue to Pray that there would be a resurgence of Biblical “Fear of the Lord” in the church and in each of us… “to fear the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.”

Please continue to Pray for Brother Ron Brink’s son who had 3+ military tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and who is now suffering brain damage and PTSD.  Pray for God’s Healing Power to fall upon Johnathon. (Ron is a 20 plus year missionary in Mexico with Touch Baja… for info on Touch Baja and how to touch the Mexican people for Christ, see http://www.touchbaja.com.)

Please continue to Pray for the Sharon India Foundation (“SIF”) to assisting the poor of India.  Through SIF: Widows have received medical treatment and been given quality sewing machines and training on how to use them to make a living. Orphans have been given free education in their neighborhood slum areas.  After natural disasters relief has been provided in the nature of medical, food items, blankets, clothing and building materials.  Bore wells have been successfully dug to provide fresh water to affected areas.  Water purification systems have also been given out on a limited basis. Special shoes have been purchased for lepers with ulcerated feet.  Thousands of books have been translated to assist in the ever growing discipleship outreach of E-Squared (Evangelism and Edification/Disciples).  Sharon India Foundation has no administrative costs and 100% of all donations go directly to the Indian pastors and their ministries. (Let’s reach India and beyond for Christ…see how you can help: https://sharonindia.org.)